Enables Scalable Caching for Cloud-Based Java Applications to Boost Performance, Reliability, and Ease of Use
BELLEVUE, WASH. — November 9, 2022 — ScaleOut Software today introduced a new Java client API for its distributed caching platform, ScaleOut StateServer, adding important new features and reliability improvements for developing modern, Java-based web applications. Designed with cloud-based deployments and flexibility in mind, the Java client API can be used within any web application and independent of any framework. This means that organizations can easily incorporate the ScaleOut client API within their existing application architectures.
The ScaleOut Java client API enables applications to store and retrieve POJOs (plain old java objects) from multiple ScaleOut in-memory data grids (IMDGs; also called distributed caches) and provides an easy to use, fast, cloud-ready caching API.
“We are pleased to offer developers our new Java client API for increased flexibility,” said Dr. William Bain, ScaleOut Software’s CEO and founder. “By accessing ScaleOut StateServer with this API, organizations can build modern cloud applications in Java while improving connectivity and application performance.”
New features include:
- Simultaneous connections: Enables simultaneous connections from Java clients to multiple caches across availability zones to ensure data availability in cloud environments.
- Built-in support for connection strings: Simplifies connectivity to multiple distributed caches and incorporates DNS support.
- Asynchronous API access: Enhances flexibility in application design and assists in optimizing performance.
- Developer blog post on new ScaleOut Java Client API
- ScaleOut Java Client User Guide
- ScaleOut Java Client API Documentation
- Sample applications using ScaleOut Java API on GitHub
About ScaleOut Software
Founded in 2003, ScaleOut Software develops leading-edge software that delivers scalable, highly available, in-memory computing and streaming analytics technologies to a wide range of industries. ScaleOut Software’s in-memory computing platform enables operational intelligence by storing, updating, and analyzing fast-changing, live data so that businesses can capture perishable opportunities before the moment is lost. It has offices in Bellevue, Washington and Beaverton, Oregon.
RH Strategic for ScaleOut Software