Next-Level Product Integrates Data Analytics with In-Memory Data Storage to Extract More Business Value from Fast-Changing Data
BELLEVUE, Wash – July 21, 2020 – ScaleOut Software today announced ScaleOut StateServer® Pro, a new software product release that adds integrated data analytics to the company’s battle-tested ScaleOut StateServer® in-memory data grid (IMDG) and distributed cache to help businesses gain more value from their fast-changing data.
For more than fifteen years, ScaleOut StateServer has demonstrated technology leadership, peak performance, reliability, and industry-leading ease of use at hundreds of enterprise sites around the world. This software product stores fast-changing data in a wide variety of applications, including ecommerce, financial services, online learning, airline reservations, gaming and much more.
ScaleOut StateServer Pro builds on this powerful foundation and takes in-memory data storage and distributed caching to the next level with integrated, data-parallel analytics. This advanced capability enables applications to extract immediate insights that identify issues and new opportunities, increasing the business value of their fast-changing data.
“With the release of ScaleOut StateServer Pro, we are pleased to make powerful advanced features available to our ScaleOut StateServer users,” said Dr. William L. Bain, founder and CEO of ScaleOut Software. “We are excited to offer the latest ‘big data’ capabilities with integrated, easy to use APIs that enable our customers to uncover important new insights in their data.”
Key ScaleOut StateServer Pro Benefits
Operational systems manage huge workloads and need to be able to instantly access fast-changing data. With ScaleOut StateServer’s IMDG, businesses can eliminate database bottlenecks, dramatically reduce access latency, while automatically scaling throughput on demand. ScaleOut StateServer Pro extends these capabilities by integrating a software-based compute engine that enables applications to instantly analyze data stored within the IMDG.
Key benefits include:
- Immediate Insights on Fast-Changing Data: Applications in many industries can inspect stored data for patterns and trends and take faster action than before. For example, ecommerce applications can examine shopping carts to determine the most popular products; online learning applications can analyze session information to determine which students need extra help; and reservation systems can spot issues needing attention, such as emerging travel delays.
- Automatic, Scalable Performance for Fast Results: ScaleOut StateServer Pro analyzes data within the IMDG to take advantage of the grid’s scalable computing power that combines the work of multiple servers. Linearly scalable throughput ensures consistently fast results even when managing large workloads.
- Easy to Use APIs: Straightforward, object-oriented APIs in C# and Java, such as a distributed version of Microsoft’s popular ForEach API, make it easy for developers to analyze large volumes of stored data in parallel within the IMDG. To maximize ease of use, ScaleOut StateServer Pro automatically ships application code to the IMDG, runs the analysis, and returns aggregated results back to client applications.
- Minimum Data Processing Overhead: Because analysis algorithms are run within the IMDG, stored data does not need to first be queried and then transferred over the network to a client for processing. This minimizes network usage and avoids overloading the client’s CPU, especially for large workloads.
For more information about ScaleOut StateServer Pro, please visit:
- ScaleOut StateServer Pro announcement blog post
- ScaleOut StateServer Pro product page
- Backgrounder on in-memory computing
- The Amazing Evolution of In-Memory Computing blog post
About ScaleOut Software
Founded in 2003, ScaleOut Software develops leading-edge software that delivers scalable, highly available, in-memory computing and streaming analytics technologies to a wide range of industries. ScaleOut Software’s in-memory computing platform enables operational intelligence by storing, updating, and analyzing fast-changing, live data so that businesses can capture perishable opportunities before the moment is lost. It has offices in Bellevue, Washington and Beaverton, Oregon.