Our exciting, fast-growing software company needs a highly motivated senior software engineer to work on our successful systems-class products. We are seeking an individual who has both a solid computer science education and a strong desire to develop leading edge distributed computing systems.
ScaleOut Software is a small, fast growing company which develops and markets distributed, in-memory data grid software for scalable applications. Our software products are used on server farms, compute grids, and cloud deployments worldwide to provide fast in-memory storage, query, and real-time analytics. We develop leading edge technology that is both compelling and mission-critical.
If you are highly motivated and like a fast-paced, highly challenging work environment, you will thrive here. Your primary responsibilities will be developing and maintaining features and applications for our Java products, including Hadoop features, working as part of our Bellevue-based development team. In addition, you will act as a point of escalation for our customer support function, as do all of our developers. In this role, you will interact periodically with customers, including software architects, developers, and data center operations staff.
The position is located in Bellevue, WA, our company headquarters and the primary location of our product development.
BS in Computer Science is required, MS is preferred.
You need a minimum of 5 years’ experience in development of server-class applications or middleware software. A proven track record of success is required, together with relevant supporting references. A stable work history is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to develop production-quality software for server-class systems
- Deep knowledge and current experience in Java
- Knowledge of Hadoop, HDFS, and other Hadoop ecosystem technologies
- Working knowledge of networking, memory management, multithreading, and other server side technologies on Linux and Microsoft platforms (application servers, Web servers, databases, etc.)
- Polished verbal and written communications
- Strong interest in furthering your knowledge of computer science
- Strong work ethic and solutions oriented
- Knowledge of distributed and/or parallel computing
- Knowledge of analytics and machine intelligence algorithms
- Knowledge of C#/C
- Participate in architecting our Java products.
- Implement features in Java for our existing products.
- Develop test suites for the product extensions you implement and participate in testing product releases.
- Work with customers to develop and support solutions that use our in-memory data grid product.
This position requires a normal 8 hour workday.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a very competitive compensation package including: base salary, stock options, medical, dental and vision benefits, and retirement plan.
- Candidate must be qualified to work in the US without sponsorship.
- This position does not include paid relocation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org (.doc Word files will be rejected by our network security systems).