Short Version: ScaleOut Software is seeking an experienced .NET developer who’s skilled in the latest web development technologies.
The product we’re building isn’t some run-of-the-mill MVC app. You’ll be driving massively-scaled clusters that are doing near real-time analytics on huge, live datasets. You’ll be delivering business insights faster than anyone else in the industry. And when it comes to designing how our users interact with our products, you’ll be calling the shots.
- Design, implement, and test a new, web-based UI working with a focused team of highly experienced, server-side software developers.
- Lead UI development for future products and in-house tools.
- Guide and mentor other developers on web UI technologies and design choices.
Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of web-based UI/UX technologies, be able to guide our development team in UI design choices, and have the skills to expand conventional UI approaches to tackle new challenges in scalable systems.
Background and Experience:
- Significant experience building customer-facing interfaces and business-critical systems.
- 5+ years of web development with recent experience using ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI.
- BS in computer science preferred.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
You’re a professional. At a small company like ours, this means:
- You take full responsibility for the code you deliver, including testing and documentation.
- You can judge when slavish adherence to process is important and when it should be short-circuited.
- You can work well with other developers in a small team: you know when you should listen/learn, and you know when you should lead.
- You can communicate effectively with coworkers and customers, both technical and non-technical.
These qualities are typically found in more senior developers, but if you’re a recent grad who’s achieved this level of steely-eyed professionalism then you’re welcome to apply.
About ScaleOut Software:
ScaleOut Software is a pioneer in high-performance distributed computing. Our company offers an ideal working environment for a highly motivated developer who enjoys taking on independent design projects while interacting with a small team and contributing technical expertise.
Our tight-knit team of developers works closely together to build new products. We place a high value on combining independent design responsibility with collaboration in an environment that has minimal management overhead.
ScaleOut Software seeks fast growth and the rewards of entrepreneurship. All employees share in the company’s success with stock options. We offer a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, SIMPLE IRA with employer matching).
Applicant must possess a permanent US work permit.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.