The product we’re building isn’t some run-of-the-mill MVC app. You’ll be driving software design running on scalable clusters for stream processing and real-time analytics on huge, live datasets. You’ll be delivering business insights faster than anyone else in the industry. And when it comes to tackling the design of a new feature for our products, you’ll be calling the shots.
- Design, implement, and test new product features for our distributed software products.
- Work with a focused team of highly experienced, server-side software developers to tackle architectural, build, and deployment challenges for our products.
- Participate in customer support and technical assistance for sales as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate should have a deep and current understanding of C# and the Microsoft tool chain and REST development. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure and Docker are highly desired. Experience with Linux and AWS is a plus.
Background and Experience:
- Significant experience (5+ years) building production-quality software for distributed systems
- Recent experience and focus using C# and the Microsoft tool chain including design of REST services using Entity Framework
- BS in computer science preferred.
- Qualified to work in the U.S. indefinitely without sponsorship
Skills and Personal Qualities:
You’re a professional. At a small company like ours, this means:
- You take full responsibility for the code you deliver, including testing and documentation.
- You can judge when slavish adherence to process is important and when it should be short-circuited.
- You can work well with other developers in a small team: you know when you should listen/learn, and you know when you should lead.
- You can communicate effectively with coworkers and customers, both technical and non-technical.
These qualities are typically found in more senior developers, but if you’re a recent grad who’s achieved this level of steely-eyed professionalism then you’re welcome to apply.
About ScaleOut Software:
ScaleOut Software is a pioneer in high-performance distributed computing. Our company offers an ideal working environment for a highly motivated developer who enjoys taking on independent design projects while interacting with a small team and contributing technical expertise.
Our tight-knit team of developers works closely together to build new products. We place a high value on combining independent design responsibility with collaboration in an environment that has minimal management overhead.
ScaleOut Software seeks fast growth and the rewards of entrepreneurship. All employees share in the company’s success with stock options. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan (SIMPLE IRA) with employer matching.
This position is in Bellevue, WA. However, we expect a high percentage of time will require at-home work with virtual conferencing over the next several months.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.(Please note, .doc Word files will be rejected by our network security systems.)